Written by on March 24, 2011. Posted in Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

WIC nutritionists must hold a bachelor’s degree in nutrition, health sciences or a related field. Most employers require a minimum of two years of job experience or internship experience as a general nutritionist to be eligible for WIC nutritionist positions. Some states offer lower-level nutrition consultant positions that require only a bachleor’s degree. California, for example, has several WIC positions, from registered dietitians to dietitian consultants to degreed nutritionists. WIC nutritionists there must also go through an apprenticeship program and training period before becoming WIC certified.